Podere Campaini is an ancient farmhouse yet in the cartography of theLeopoldianLand Register of the 1820
The Podere belonged to the Vicarellocomplex, which it seems the name derives from Vicus Aurelii, therefore from the Late Ancient Age or Early Middle Ages, it was later siteof a church dedicated to San Pietro but transformed between the years 1806 and 1848 into the farm Fattoria di Vicarelloby Paolo CosimoIncontri, brother of the more famous Bishop of Volterra Giuseppe Gaetano Incontri.
The historical information ends with the death of PericleIncontri in 1909 who leaves Raffaella LorinineiPedani as the only heir who, together with the Main Farm of Vicarello, inherited alsoother 38 farms, including the current Podere Campaini, at the time PodereColombaino.
Later almost the entire property was squandered bythe Pedani’smale children: Paolo, Giuseppe and Mario, the assets were taken from the Banca di Toscana in Florence and sold in 1936 to the Generali Insurance Company of Trieste, in the 1950s, with the agrarian reform , the EnteMaremma expropriated the capital to assign it to local farmers.
PodereColombaino was purchased in the early 2000s by the Societa’ AgricolaCampaini on behalf of the Campaini Family and since 2010 welcomed its Guests at the current Podere Campaini, in front of the beautiful and magical city of Volterra.
Societa’ Agricola Campaini is composed of Galliano, Stefania, Daiana and Cassandra Campaini and was founded in the early 2000s for the recovery and development project of PodereColombaino.
Initially the whole family lived in the province of Florence working on their own in the production of clothing for some of the most important Italian fashion brands since 1976, already at the time,however,dedicated to the production of olive oil, a passion which, subsequently, allow to plant an olive grove of 1200 olive trees for the production of extra virgin olive oil of the highest quality, organic and IGP.